Sunday, April 24, 2011

And I Love To Eat Pray Love

My favorite book, Eat Prat Love, was recently turned into a movie. I was incredibly excited about this. I could not only wait to see this movie, but I also was in love with the trailer for this movie. Advertisements were all over for Julia Robert's new movie. I had friends from across the United States – even from Europe – sending me pictures of the posters of Eat Pray Love. They were posted on bus stops everywhere. 


I was so excited to receive these; however, I was ecstatic when I watched the trailer:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_I_I41Sia8

This trailer, to me, is epic. It completely encompasses everything that the story is about. It truly is guided towards females between the ages of 17 to 45. The songs used in it describes the story. Most women who read this book are of a certain demographic: soul-searching, hopeful women. In a sense, most people who read this book were "free-spirited," in the fact that they wanted to experience their own spirituality, along with the narrator. The song in this trailer epitomized this very feeling. Florence + The Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" truly exemplifies the meaning to overcome one's hurt, to find oneself, and to become an entirely new person. I feel this commercial used all the right scenes, used the perfect music and helped the story come to life about a woman trying to find her place in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment