Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reasons To Not Smoke

As I have stated previously, I was born with congenital heart disease. Although I am not a perfectly health-conscious person, I do realize the dangers of smoking. Obviously, I am an advocate for any anti-smoking campaign. Here are two campaign posters that really struck me:

These ads – provided by the Indian Cancer Society – are so powerful. Suicide is a horrible incident to ever have to deal with – whether that is dealing with a family member or
contemplating it within oneself. The fact that this ad correlates cancer
with suicide is so brilliant, for smoking truly is suicide. With today's technology, all people know the health issues that come along with it. I would have never thought to associate smoking with suicide. However, it is truly brilliant – it is one in the same. Today, all people who smoke a pack of cigarettes a day know that it is going to cause them serious harm. Therefore, it is suicide.

I also was very touched by the second ad with the skulls in place of the cigarette ash. This ad is extremely emotional because it truly shows how cigarettes can cause people to die. Smoking is not OK, and I feel the Indian Cancer Society did an excellent job of portraying this in a very effective way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment